One thing that can make a website logo, poster or anything with custom text look really cool is adding a little Photoshop magic to it. In this quick and easy tutorial I will walk you though building what I call, Winter Blue Text.
Starting Your Design!
1. The very firs step that you need to do is make sure you have Photoshop installed.
2. Open Photoshop and in the top left hand corner find and then click on file/new and then you will see a box popup.
Enter the following :
Name your file
Width: 980px and Height:551px and for the resolution I set that at 300px/inch.
Background Contents: Background Color and then click OK.
3. Fist thing you want to do is make sure your tools are showing. In the top menu you need to click on Window. Next look at the bottom and make sure Options and Tools are checked.
Picking the background color
4. Open Layers window up by click on Window/Layers.
5. Double click on the Lock to unlock the first layer. Then click on FX.
6. In FX you will want to add a Color Overlay. Select a blue color or add the following hex color in to the box below.
Now you need to type out something, I used my website name. Then select the font you want to use. In this tutorial I’m using a font called Artbrush.
Choose the font color: 4b64aa
Note: You might want to add some letter spacing. It looks a lot better.
Now for the text effects!
Just follow along and try to get your setting close to mine. You can play with the border/ drop shadows if you want. Open up fx and apply the following settings!
That’s pretty much it! With these settings you should end up with something like the image below.
Hope you have enjoyed this quick Photoshop tutorial. As always, I love to hear from you all, so please leave me a comment below.